Our first is about Wild Beauty’s first public event. I was nervous, excited and thrilled to be part of this bazaar. It was hosted by Jan McCarthy, Market Director for LA and Orange county chapters of Ladies Who Launch. The mission of this wonderful and supportive group is to make entrepreneurship accessible to every woman. The Holiday Bazaar took place December 15, 2009 at Art Works Studio and Classroom. Located at 660 N. Larchmont Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90029.
I arrived at 6:30 pm and set up quickly. The atmosphere was festive and a lot of laughter. The wide variety of services and products offered were fascinating, from gourmet mashed potatoes to custom baby blankets. I learned a lot about that night. What worked and didn’t.
- Scented Candles: patrons came to the table because of the fragrant candles I made.
- The display. Received many compliments on the set up and how the table was very organized.
- Providing samples of the body oils and hand creams.
- Offering advice on skin care problems such as extremely dry skin. Olive butter works wonders. The natural wax from the butter forms a barrier. Keeping your skin hydrated and locking in moisture, preventing it from escaping.
What needs work:
- Sample spatulas for the hand creams. I didn’t have any.
- Color brochures instead of black and white.
Here are some more photos:
The next event bazaar will be for Valentine’s Day. I’m already getting prepared and starting my campaign after the new year. For information about Ladies Who Launch check out the website: http://www.ladieswholaunch.com/ and http://www.ladieswholaunch.com/losangeles/.
It was a great event and if you have a Ladies Who Launch Network in your area, I would highly recommend to join them.
“If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.–Wayne Dyer